Measuring for your dog for a Collar & Harness:
- Ensure your dog is standing still.
- Measure using a fabric tape measure or string
- For the harness
- Measure the chest immediately behind the forelegs and immediately in front.
- Both sizes should fit within the adjustable range.
- For the Collar
- Measure the neck line at the base of the neck.
- You should then be able to fit 1 to 2 fingers inside the collar, for your dog to be comfortable.
|To Fit Dog's Neck Size||Collar Width||Collar Strength|
|XS||23-29cm / 9-11.5in||1.5 cm / 0.6 in||70kg|
|S||28-42cm / 11-16.5in||1.5 cm / 0.6 in||119kg|
|M||41-52cm / 16.5-21in||2.0 cm / 0.8 in||224kg|
|L||50-62cm / 20-24.5in||2.5 cm / 1.0 in||287kg|
|XL||60-89cm / 24-35in||3.5cm / 1.4 in||287kg|
Note: If your dog's neck size overlaps two sizes, then unless you expect your dog to continue growing, the smaller of the two sizes is probably the better choice for your dog.
|To Fit Dogs with Chest Size||Dogs up to||Harness Strength|
|XS||31-37 cm / 12.5-15in||5kg||70kg|
|S||38-56 cm / 15-22.5in||17kg||119kg|
|M||54-65 cm / 21.5-26in||32kg||224kg|
|L||64-78 cm / 25.5-31in||41kg||287kg|
If your dog's head, neck, and body are all approximately the same size (i.e. as with Pugs and similar breeds), a step-in harnesses is not suitable for your dog.